Academic Appointment in Practical Theology
Nazarene Theological College invites applications for a post in Practical Theology effective 1st January 2024. The appointment will initially be for a one-year probationary period with the expectation of a permanent rolling contract. The closing date for applications is 15th May 2023 with first interviews occurring online from 24th – 26th May 2023. Candidate(s) who are selected for the final shortlist may be requested to attend an on-site interview process including a presentation. All appointments are subject to approval by the NTC Board of Governors and to satisfactory references.
The successful candidate will:
- work across the area of Practical, Social, and Pastoral Theology, and will join a collegial team of research active core faculty
- hold a PhD degree in Practical Theology or a cognate area
- Give evidence of having an active research profile
- Have prior teaching and prior ministry experience
- Take on a range of teaching and supervisory responsibilities, including undergraduate teaching (cross-disciplinary), MA teaching, and PhD supervision. Skills in administration and/or eLearning platforms will be an advantage.
Responsibilities of Post
- Lead the development of the Practical Theology programme across all levels of learning
- Undergraduate and MA Teaching in person, hybrid, and online
- Supervision of doctoral students in Practical/Pastoral Theology
- Maintaining an active research and publishing profile
- Pastoral care and formation of students including ministerial formation for ordination candidates
- Administration: participate in academic committees as required
The current salary range is £26,800-£33,200 dependent on experience and qualifications. The preferred start date for the post is January 2024 but a request for a later start would be considered. This post is not designed for remote working. Applications from international candidates are welcome.
- Salary: £26,800-£33,200
- Closing Date: 15th May 2023
- Interviews: First round of online interviews on 24th – 26th May 2023. Shortlisted interviews to be determined.
- Start Date: 1st January 2024
To apply, please email Debi Green at email@example.com. You may also nominate or recommend someone to Debi via email.
Vision & Employment Ethos at NTC
As God’s holy people we aspire to be a learning community reflecting the love of God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Dedicated to excellence in theological education we intentionally foster character formation within contexts that are both practical and reflective.
NTC is committed to the active pursuit of an Equal Opportunities Policy which addresses the need and right of everybody in the College to be treated with dignity and respect, in an environment in which a diversity of backgrounds, traditions and experiences is valued. It aims to create the conditions whereby prospective and existing students and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential, regardless of any irrelevant distinction.