Our short courses offer many ways to study
Why not explore learning with Nazarene Theological College, enhance your personal or ministerial formation, or build on the units you’ve studied by taking an evening class or one of our other flexible study options?
There are numerous ways to study on a short-term basis. Whether it’s a single class that interests you or a number of classes over a longer period, the chance to become part of the academic community here at NTC is yours. The following information will help you decide what to register for:
Audit/Credit Classes (One-off classes)
NTC welcomes students who simply want to take a course unit or two. ‘Audit students’ (not-for-credit) don’t have to go through the formality of application and interviews, but can simply register online using the link below before the start of the semester. There are no examinations or coursework for audit classes so you can join in simply for the pleasure of learning!
Individual evening classes and day classes can also be taken for NTC credit (dependent on completing all the coursework), but without committing to a University of Manchester programme. Up to 6 NTC credit units earned can then be transferred into the first year of a University of Manchester undergraduate course*. Each class is two hours long and usually run for eleven weeks through the semester or a one-week ‘intensive’.
* Up to 6 NTC credit units at level 4 may be transferred into the first year of a University of Manchester degree within 5 years of being completed.
To register for any of our individual evening or daytime classes you can use the online form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Study with NTC through one of our Intensive Units / Short Courses
The College has three short ‘intensive’ sessions: September, January, and May. This allows full- and part-time students to take a course unit within a one-week intensive period (for undergraduates) or one to two week period (for MA units); classes usually run from 9:15am-3:30pm. The next set of Undergraduate and Postgraduate intensives are:
Undergraduate intensive units 2019 and 2020 (Manchester)
- September 8th-13th, 2019: PT5220 Growing Healthy Churches; ST6320 Strategy and Management (focussed on Youth and Community Work); CH5305 Wesleyan Tradition
- See listing below for information of our autumn Polity and Practice unit and Ministerial Development sessions
- January 13th-17th, 2020: ST4150 Youth and Community Work Essentials; PT5280 Empowering People (in Youth and Community Work); PT5203 Preaching
- January 20th-24th, 2020: NT5004 Missional Reading of Luke/Acts; PT4103 Evangelism
- May 11th-15th (individual unit dates to be confirmed): OT5201 Law; CH4120 Church History; ST4141 Missional Leadership and Disciple-making Cultures; PT5330 Marriage and Family; PT6370 Worship and Sacraments
To register please use the online forms below or send us an email for more information.
MA intensive units 2020 (Manchester)
January 4th-11th, 2020 and May 30th-June 6th, 2020
- Details of courses to be confirmed
To register please use the online forms below or send us an email for more information and prices.
MA registration usually closes two to three months before the start of the unit. Please contact the Registrar if you would like further details.
Registration for May 2019 UG courses has now closed but watch this space for further updates of classes in Manchester and Glasgow coming in Autumn 2019.
Each class is 1 hour 40 minutes long and usually runs for eleven weeks through the semester, commencing the week beginning September 23rd. Last date to register for UG Autumn classes is October 4th 2019.
Polity and Practice unit and Ministerial Development Sessions
Ideal for Licenced and ordained ministers, lay ministers and leaders. A required ordination unit for Nazarene pastors and a great refresher for ordained ministers!*
During autumn 2019 we will be running our Polity and Practice unit for Nazarene licensed ministers and will be opening the individual sessions to anyone from any church tradition who would find these of interest or helpful to their leadership or personal development. You can register for the whole unit or individual sessions of interest to you!
- Saturday, November 2nd (all day). At Fresh Ground Church, London: The Minister and Rituals (from a Wesleyan perspective)
- November 13th. Online 8pm-10pm: Polity and Practice in the Church of the Nazarene
- November 20th. Online 8pm-10pm: Theological Reflection and church practice
- Saturday, November 23rd (10am-4pm). At NTC Manchester: Conflict in the church – working for transformation
- November 27th. Online 8pm-10pm: Issues in Ministry: The Minister as Chairperson
- December 4th. Online 8pm-10pm: Issues in Ministry: Governance, Compliance and Legislation (including specific governance considerations within the Church of the Nazarene)
- December 11th. Online 8pm-10pm: Issues in Ministry: Continuing Education and Learning
Enroll for the whole Polity and Practice course using the link to the registration form below or watch this space from May 2019 to see how you can register to join individual sessions that are of interest to you and your leadership roles. Special rates for groups will be available for the online sessions. Details of the online sessions and the ‘Conflict in the church’ day will be available here and through our social media networks very soon.
*Ordained Nazarene and Free Methodist Ministers don’t forget to tick the right box when you register to get your reduced rate of £30 to audit the whole course!
For the full unit register HERE
Special rates for UG units
- Audit only £90 per 10 credit unit (no coursework, just participate in the class)
- ‘Taster’ Unit £225 (includes coursework and credit if this is your first 10 credit unit)
(Full price after first unit if completing for credit, £595 per 10 credit unit)
- £225 for individual units (£90 audit) run through Learning Centres
Download the full Academic Calendars for Manchester and Glasgow